Sunday 30 August 2015

Key Lime Pie

Hi everyone!

I absolutely love Key Lime Pie. Anything citrus-y actually! Its so fresh and light, you don't realise what you're eating and how naughty it really is!
So today I am doing a recipe that is based around a Key Lime Pie created by her majesty, Mary Berry. I have only adjusted a couple of things, just because of the resources/ingredients I had.
This recipe is soooo simple but just tastes so delicious, I could eat the whole pie to myself.
You can whip this up in no time so its ideal if you need a tasty dessert, last minute. 
Lets get started!

Mary's recipe called for a 9 inch loose-bottom flan tin, all I had was a 12 inch so that's what I used. In hindsight, I would've maybe increased the ingredient quantities by a quarter, just to make it a little thicker. Mine turned out quite thin but we just cut bigger slices, so it was ok ;). 

Recipe (9 inch tin):
Biscuit Base
5oz (150g) Digestive Biscuits
2.5oz (65g) Butter
1oz (25g) Soft Light Brown Sugar (Original recipe called for demerara sugar)

Filling
Grated zest of 1 large Lime and 1 small 
Juice of 4 large Limes
14oz (397g) / 1 can of condensed milk
300ml double cream

Method:
1. Measure your digestive biscuits into a plastic bag and crushed with a rolling pin (or get your boyfriend to do it because you find the rolling pin).
2. Melt butter in a medium sized pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the biscuits and brown sugar.
3. Press the crumb mixture into your tin until nice and compact and leave to set.
4. Add your lime juice (I added an extra small lime juice just to make the flavour a bit stronger), condensed milk, zest and double cream into a large mixing bowl and beat until nicely blended. Pour onto your biscuit base and level out. 
5. Leave to set for 2-3 hours before removing the tin to serve.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe. I can't stress to you how easy it really is AND how tasty it really is!!
If anyone has any citrus-y recipes, I'd love to see them and give them a go.

Have a nice bank holiday weekend everyone :D

Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment