Saturday 12 September 2015

Pecan Blondies

Blondies are something that I have never attempted before. I love love love white chocolate so I really should've tried these earlier...
The recipe I tried is a Tanya Burr recipe. I loved the idea of adding nuts to the blondies and pecans are absolutely delicious.
This was a really easy recipe to make and most ingredients I already had in the cupboards. 
I love to make these into a dessert and serve them warm with a big dollop of ice cream. Soooooo tasty. 
So here we go, I hope you enjoy!

Recipe:
150g Caster Sugar
125g Butter
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
A Pinch of Salt
100g Pecans
200g Plain Flour
150g White Chocolate
2 Eggs

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Gently melt butter and white chocolate together.
3. Add caster sugar to melted butter and chocolate and mix until smooth.
4. Add vanilla and 2 eggs to mixture.
5. Add a pinch of salt along with the plain flour.
6. Chop/break up your pecans into chunks and pop them into the mixture.
7. Line your square cake tin with baking paper.
8. Cook for 35 minutes approximately. I cooked mine for 30 mins as they were beginning to go golden on the top. I also left the centre very very slightly gooey, just so they would be nice and moist in the middle like a brownie/blondie should be.
9. Leave them in the tin to cool for 5-10 minutes then place on a cooling rack.


Tah dah! There you have your white chocolate pecan blondies! 
In the pictures above I have served mine with some delicious vanilla fudge ice cream. Absolutely gorgeous!

Give them a go and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment